Permits are issued at the One-Stop Service Counter on the 2nd floor of the Municipal Building.
- Only a licensed contractor can obtain a permit and pay inspection fees.
- Bonding and insurance is required in order for a permit to be issued, see our License, Insurance and Bond information page for more information.
- All work shall conform to Ogden City's Engineering Standards and Amendments for Public Works Projects, 2013 Edition (PDF).
- Permits are null and void if work has not begun 120 days after issuance.
- A copy of all necessary permits shall be available onsite at all times (failure to have a permit in hand will result in stoppage of work).
- All trench excavation must be covered, protected and completely restored within 72 hours of the commencement of work.
When a Permit is Not Required
Hand-dug sprinkler and landscape repairs in non-paved areas of the Right-of-Way do not require a permit.
Ogden City's Engineering Permit Application is now available online (and is found in the Quick Links section in the right column on this page), and can be filled out and submitted at a time and place convenient to the applicant.
- It is the Contractor's responsibility to call for required inspections.
- 24-hour notice shall be given for all inspection requests.
- All work performed without inspection will be redone and may result in fines.
- All substandard performance, failures and required repairs are the full responsibility of the contractor and the owner.